Entries must be submitted by Monday, November 29th by 11:59 p.m. EST. Your business must be at minimum 90% Black-owned to be considered for this program.
1. As defined herein, the term applicant ("Applicant") shall mean and refer to all of the individual owners of the business enterprise described in the Program Application ("Application") where a separate legal entity (e.g., a corporation, LLC, LLP, partnership, etc.) has not been formed to operate such business enterprise. If an entity has been formed to operate the business enterprise described on the Application, the term Applicant shall mean and refer to the entity and all of the individual owners of such entity. The Application must designate the name of the single business enterprise that will be the payee of the grant if Applicant is adjudged a winner of such grant. Such designation may be changed only with the prior written consent of each individual Applicant named in the Application. (Should the business enterprise become insolvent, have change in ownership, or go into receivership prior to the awarding of the grant, Applicant becomes ineligible and said grant will be forfeited by the Applicant.) Each individual Applicant is hereafter referred to jointly and severally as “Applicant,” and the Application shall be submitted by one of the persons who are included in such definition.
2. The 2021 Ingredients for Success: The Famous Amos Entrepreneurs Initiative ("Initiative"); begins at 12:00 a.m. EST on October 18, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on November 29, 2021. The Initiative provides eligible Applicants with an opportunity to apply for three (3) $50,000 business grants (“Business Grant”) and provides Winners (defined below) with mentorship from the National Black Chamber of Commerce’s (NBCC) database of resource providers and entrepreneurs, NBCC President’s Club Membership (normally valued at $10,000 annually), and an American Dream Marketplace Champion Membership (normally valued at $2500 annually) through August 29, 2022.
The Initiative is open to entrepreneur applicants who meet the following eligibility requirements: business must be at minimum 90% Black-owned, in business for five years or less as of October 18, 2021, and headquartered in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other Commonwealths, Territories, and Possessions). Ownership of business must be held by owners who are at least 21 years of age at time of submission of the Application. The business enterprise may not be a franchisee as defined under applicable state or federal franchise disclosure laws. The Initiative is not open to 501-c non-profit organizations. Applicant is not eligible to participate in the Initiative where Applicant or Applicant’s immediate family is an employee of “Sponsor” (as defined herein) or of Flowers Communications Group, or their respective parent, subsidiary, or affiliated companies; where Applicant has an ownership interest in, or is an establishment that is or will be, during the Program judging process, a licensed retailer of beer or fermented malt beverages; or where Applicant is or has been a panelist or speaker at a Program seminar or a judge of the Program.
3. THE APPLICATION AND APPLICANT SHALL ADHERE TO ALL OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES ("RULES") AND APPLICATION FORM REQUIREMENTS, AND THE FAILURE TO DO SO MAY DISQUALIFY THE APPLICATION FROM CONSIDERATION. The Rules incorporate by reference all of the information and requirements contained in the other forms and materials to be submitted by Applicant
including, without limitation, the Application form. No consideration or payment is required. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion to waive, interpret and apply the Rules, and all decisions by the judges, Sponsor and its agencies shall be final and binding.
4. Applicant, including any persons named on the Application, may not submit or be a participant in more than one Application.
5. Applicant will submit a completed Application on-line, following specific criteria. An Application shall contain the following duly executed items that
comply with the Rules:
a) one or all names of the business owner,
b) the business name,
c) the official business email,
d) the tax ID number for the business,
e) a business overview (no more than 250 words max),
f) link(s) to the business website and social channels, and
g) an uploaded :60 elevator pitch video.
6. An Application that describes any unlawful business activity that involves a product, service or business enterprise that is anti-ethical to the spirit of the Initiative, or that would tend to hold the Sponsor and/or Applicant up to public ridicule or disrepute, will not be eligible for consideration. Sponsor and its agencies reserve the right to eliminate any such Application from consideration at any stage in the Program.
7. The Application shall be submitted electronically via [https://famousamos.nationalbcc.org/apply] no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, November 29, 2021. Applications may not be sent by email, mail or facsimile. Sponsor will not send a confirmation of receipt to Applicant, and Sponsor shall not be responsible for any Applications which are incomplete, misdirected, or not received for whatever reason.
8. Applications will be judged on the creativity and persuasion (sales pitch) of eligible Applicant’s 60-second elevator pitch.
9. Sponsor will ask the judges and consultants to retain in confidence all information in the Application that is identified as being proprietary and confidential, where such information is not and does not become public or is not otherwise required to be disclosed by law, which obligation shall expire 2 years after the receipt of the Application. Applicant agrees that neither Sponsor, nor its agencies, consultants, judges, or co-sponsor community-based organizations, nor any employees, officers or directors of any of the foregoing (collectively, the “Program Entities”) assume or shall be held responsible for any liability whatsoever for any disclosures of Application Form information which may be made (whether inadvertently or otherwise) by any judge, staff, consultant, co-sponsor or other individual connected with, participating in, reviewing, hearing, or receiving information from or in connection with the Program.[https://famousamos.nationalbcc.org/apply]. A list of Program winners will be posted to [https://famousamos.nationalbcc.org/apply] by February 21, 2022, after such winners if any have been chosen. General information regarding the Program also may be obtained by visiting [https://famousamos.nationalbcc.org/apply].
10. Up to and no more than three (3) winners will be selected to receive three (3) Business Grants in the amount of Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000.00, less any amount required to be withheld by law, payable to the individual or business enterprise designated in the Application. Applicant should consult its tax advisor as to the taxability of the receipt of such Business Grant as winners are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any federal, state and local taxes. It is anticipated that such winners, if any, maybe selected no later than February 9, 2022. Such Business Grants are non-assignable and nontransferable and are to be used in accordance with the Application to further the success of the business enterprise described in the Application of each Winner. Sponsor also shall have the right, but not the obligation, to present smaller in-kind awards to Winner and/or Finalists.
11. The Program Entities shall have no liability to Applicant with regard to the Application or comments, feedback or suggestions made to Applicant regarding such Application, and the Program Entities’ sole liability shall be to award up to three (3) $50,000 Business Grant, as described in these Rules, or such lesser amount where no complying Applications are received for or assigned to one or more of the Categories listed above, or if the judges in their sole discretion determine that no Business Grants shall be awarded. In no event will the Program Entities be liable for any incidental, consequential, special, punitive, or other damages, claims, or actions arising out of or in connection with the Program.
12. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt, adequacy and legal sufficiency of which each Applicant hereby acknowledges, each Applicant hereby grants to Sponsor and its community-based co-sponsor organization the right, but not the obligation, to use Applicant’s name, voice, likeness, information about the Application Form, and biography for any and all promotional purposes related to the Program, future similar Programs, and Sponsor’s or its co-sponsors’ sponsorship of such Programs, in any and all media throughout the Universe in perpetuity without further compensation and without further approval, and Applicant shall cooperate in allowing Sponsor and its co-sponsors to obtain such likenesses and information.
13. Applicant may request a copy of these Rules and the Application materials and may request information about the Program no later than November 8, 2021. Application and Rules are available at [https://famousamos.nationalbcc.org/apply].
14. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE RULES AND THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF APPLICANTS, SPONSOR, NATIONAL BLACK CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, FLOWERS COMMUNICATIONS GROUP, OR ANY OF THE PROGRAM ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF WISCONSIN WITHOUT GIVING
EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. EACH APPLICANT AGREES THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES THAT CANNOT BE RESOLVED BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROGRAM SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. EACH APPLICANT IRREVOCABLY AGREES THAT THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN MILWAUKEE COUNTY, WISCONSIN SHALL HAVE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OVER ANY SUIT OR OTHER PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO OR BASED UPON THE PROGRAM OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND EACH APPLICANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY CLAIM THAT IT IS NOT SUBJECT PERSONALLY TO THE JURISDICTION OF SAID COURTS OR THAT ANY SUCH SUIT OR OTHER PROCEEDING IS BROUGHT IN AN INCONVENIENT FORUM OR IMPROPER VENUE
15. Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookie Company, LLC. That entity is owned by Ferequity Inc.
16. This Program is void where prohibited by law.
©2021 Famous Amos.
Please fill the application below to be considered for the grant!
Please fill the application below to be considered for the grant!
Yes, the pitch video is a necessary component of your grant application. Your application cannot be accepted without a pitch video.
You can apply for the grant via the following link or by clicking 'Apply Now!' in the Navigation Bar
This grant is exclusive to U.S Black owned businesses
The application period ends on November 29th, 2021. Within the following two weeks, ten finalists will be announced on the Ingredients for Success website and via Famous Amos social media posts. The three finalists will be announced in February 2022.
Get Your Business Seen by 19M+ People Worldwide! Powered by The National Black Chamber of Commerce
Speak with a Small Business Advisor to tailor a solution for your business by visiting www.Dell.com/NBCC to shop online today.